60 grams plain flour
Large pinch of salt and pepper
1 egg (free range please :) )
A little oil for frying
Your choice of filling - I love cheddar & spinach or emmental, sundried tomato, olive and rocket!
- Whisk the milk and egg together, then add the flour little by little, whisking after each addition until you have a smooth batter.
- Season the batter with salt & pepper - you can always be inventive and add some chili powder or any spice you fancy! I chucked in a teaspoon of oregano before I cooked my last crepe.
- Refrigerate for at least half an hour. In the meantime prepare your fillings. You can be inventive as you like! Traditional galette recipes call for emmental and either ham or other cured meats. I made an emmental and rocket crepe, then a sundried tomato, olive, emmental and rocket one as homage to where I am living at the moment!
- Heat your frying pan on a med-high heat. add a little drop of oil and wait until the pan is very hot before you add a spoonful or two of you batter (depending on how big you want your crepes.)
- Cook for around 3 minutes on one side, then flip, add your filling to the middle of the cooked side, then fold the edges to make a little parcel. Flip over a few times to make sure you cheese and whatever else you're using is nice and melted!
- Serve hot on it's own or with a side salad and enjoy!