250 grams butter, softened
1 cup icing sugar, sifted
grated rind one orange
1-2 tsp orange blossom water
2½ cups flour
70 gram packet blanched whole almonds or pinenuts
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Lightly grease 1-2 baking trays or line with baking paper.
- Beat the butter and sugar together until very light and fluffy. Beat in the orange rind and orange blossom water.
- Sift the flour and mix in gently to make a firm biscuit dough.
- Roll teaspoonful into balls and place on a the prepared baking trays. Flatten t biscuits lightly with your fingers or the palm or your hand.
- Arrange an almond or pine nuts in the shape of a flower, on top of each biscuit.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes or until the biscuits are beginning to colour around the edges.
- Remove to a cake rack to cool. Store in an airtight container.