for the spongecake
75 grams butter
100 grams sugar
4 egg yolks
150 grams cake flour
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
2 tablespoons milk
for the meringue
4 egg whites 200 grams sugar
for the filling
1 litre strawberries 250 ml double cream
- Combine sugar and butter until white and smooth. Add one yolk at a time, while whisking. Combine flour and baking powder in a bowl, add this into the egg-butter mixture and then add the milk.
- Now turn the oven to 150C. In a seperate bowl whisk the eggwhites until hard peaks, add the sugar, whisk a moment more until glossy.
- Take a deep baking tray ( 30x40 cm), line with baking paper. Spread the sponge mixture onto the tray. Spread the meringue on top. Bake the cake for 20 minutes.
- Let the cake cool and when cool, remove the paper.
- Whisk the cream fluffy. Slice the strawberries.
- Right before serving, cut the cake in half, on one half spread the whipped cream and place the strawberries on top and sandwich the cake together. Serve.